01582 855250


Delivering Legal and Certified Drone Services

CAA Logo Drone

CloudVisual CAA Licence for Commercial Drone Operations

To fly a drone or unmanned aircraft of any weight classification in UK airspace for commercial gain, you must have a 'Permission for Commercial Operations' PFCO. This is a certificate issued by the Civil Aviation Authority and it outlines what each operator can legally do, in accordance with the Operations Manual for the aircraft.

In addition to this, commercial drone operators are required to complete the A2 Certificate of Competency - A2 CofC, to abide by upcoming regulation changes. CloudVisual holds the A2 CofC certificate as of July 2020.

When employing or hiring the services of a drone operator, it is critical that you check that they are registered and licensed by the Civil Aviation Authority. This is more than just a piece of paper; This document proves that the pilot has undergone the necessary examinations RPQ-s or BNUCs (written and practical exams) along with a comprehensive operations manual, which meets the CAA standards and outlines what work the drone operator can legally undertake and their flight limits.

The Civil Aviation Authority publish a list of certified drone companies. Before employing the services of any drone operator, make sure the CAA have approved them and are on this list.

We take drone safety extremely seriously by holding public liability cover at £10m. Our insurance documents are available to view and download from here.

  • cloudvisual company logo